The good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony—
and you are one of its tellers!
A few years ago, I read some testimonies about miraculous healings that occurred in meetings in the U.S. in the 1990s just minutes from where I worked at that time. How had I missed hearing about these healings then?, I wondered. We certainly heard about the crime in the area—I still remember those reports. But I never heard a healing miracle testimony from there—until decades later.
Recently, a family member read a book I had gotten several years ago. It was about a healer who received words of knowledge from God that helped people heal their health problems. He had a health-related business that was open to the public, and people came from all over to see him. This went on for years, very close to where my family lived, during the same time period when I was growing up. How was it that we did not hear about this at the time?, my family member asked. I had the same question. I had never heard a testimony about these particular works of God until I read that book, decades later.
When God stirred my heart to grow my faith for divine healing several years ago, one of the first things the Holy Spirit prompted me to do was to read testimonies. He pointed me to Craig Keener’s two-volume book Miracles, jam-packed with healings and miracles. From there, God led me to still more written and spoken testimonies of his present-day miraculous work—such as those shared by Randy Clark of Global Awakening, and others.
Reading books with true accounts of healings and of other miraculous works of God is strengthening to me. I could—and still can—feel that happening as I read and hear testimonies.
Lately, I’ve recently been reading A Diary of Signs and Wonders by Maria Woodworth-Etter. The amazing miracles she recorded happened all over the U.S. at the time when my grandparents were young children. She held many healing meetings in Indiana, the state where I have lived all my life. But until recently, I hadn’t heard of Woodworth-Etter or the many miraculous healings that took place in Indiana just a few generations ago. I’m so grateful for the testimonies. God filled a generation of people who had never seen his power with testimonies of his goodness toward them. Multitudes of them were healed, and saved, and delivered.
I wanted to see what the Bible has to say about testimony. Here is some of what I found:
- Testimony is an effective spiritual weapon. They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony. – Revelation 12:11 (NLT)
- Jesus’s teachings and miracles are a witness on his behalf. “These very works I am doing testify about Me that the Father has sent me.” – John 5:36 (HCSB)
- Jesus specifically instructed some of the people he healed to give their testimony to the priests. “Show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses prescribed, as a testimony to them.” – Matthew 8:4 (NLT) (Also see Mark 1:44 and Luke 5:14.)
- Believers have God’s testimony about Jesus within them. See 1 John 5:9-11 and 3 John 1:12.
- The Bible declares that we will proclaim the testimony of Jesus globally. The good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come. – Matthew 24:14 (NLT)
- God’s testimony is trustworthy and creates wisdom. The testimony of the LORD is trustworthy, making the inexperienced wise. – Psalm 19:7 (NLT)
- The church grows in number because of the testimony. See 2 Thessalonians 1:10.
- Testimony doesn’t need to be put into clever or persuasive words. Paul shared plain testimony, and it was quite effective. See 1 Corinthians 2:1.
One of my very favorite Scriptures about testimony is this, from Psalm 145:4-7 (NLT):
Let each generation tell its children of your mighty acts; let them proclaim your power. I will meditate on your majestic glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles. Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim your greatness. Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing for joy about your righteousness.
I believe that passage is also a call to action for us. Let’s tell, meditate on, proclaim, share, and sing about what God is doing!
I believe we’re in a season where we are being encouraged and invited to be testifiers of Jesus: “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD’s glory, as the waters cover the sea.” – Habakuk 2:14 (HCSB)
Ask God to give you a testimony about him to share, and then watch for his answer. Let his good news in your life be what spills out of your heart in conversation. Let it be your next social media post.
I am celebrating more healings from Jesus in 2022! In January, I received medical confirmation of healing of a mosquito-borne parasitic infection. And in April, I received medical confirmation of healing of a systemic fungal infection that had been chronic for around a decade.
I celebrate every healing, and I thank Jesus for giving us his testimony to share. He is the best testimony of all (1 Timothy 2:6).
If you want to practice giving your testimony about Jesus, hit reply and send me an email. And if you have a prayer need, I’d love to hear from you, as well, so I can pray specifically.
To your freedom, health, and wholeness,
P.S. In Open for Miracles: Valley of Artisans – Book 2, I share an uplifting fictional story about how the power of a testimony changes the life of an entire family. Have you read it yet?
Inspiring Christian Fiction by AmyLu Riley
Inspiring Christian Non-Fiction by AmyLu Riley