Your roots will grow down into God’s love and make you strong (Ephesians 3:17 NLT).
How? And how can I cooperate, so that I am firmly rooted in God’s love, and strong?
This, from Ephesians 3:16-17:
I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources, he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and make you strong.
- Someone prays for you to be empowered by God.
- God gives you inner strength from his vast resources, delivering it through his Spirit.
- Then you trust in Christ.
- As you trust in Christ, he makes his home in your heart.
- Then your roots will grow down into God’s love.
- Those roots make you strong.
Let’s start with the first thing.
God, I ask you to empower me and every believer with this inner strength through your Spirit, so that all of these things will take place in our hearts and our lives.