This is how much Jesus loves people and desires to draw people to him: To the very people who opposed and killed him, he said, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me” (Matthew 23:37 NLT, emphasis added) .
Today I am speaking to those who have let Jesus gather you beneath his wings.
Consider your position, under God’s wings:
- There is healing for you in these wings (Malachi 4:2).
- These are wings of refuge (Ruth 2:12), a hiding place from danger (Psalm 17:8; Psalm 57:1).
- These wings provide shelter (Psalm 36:7; Psalm 61:4).
- God carries his people on these wings (Exodus 19:4).
- Because God is your helper, you can sing for joy under these wings (Psalm 63:7).
Photo credit: Unsplash